With all these nasty bugs going around I thought it would be good to chat about what we can do to avoid them! Here are some tips on boosting our immune system so we can lead a healthy, fun filled life together.
1. Sleep. On average we need 8 hours of sleep each night but this varies from person to person. Whatever your personal sleep needs are make sure you get it! Sleep has been linked to balancing hormone levels, keeping weight down, having a clear mind & healthy skin. (Perhaps I shouldn't be working on this post at 2am then?)
2. Water. On average we need 8 glasses of water a day! I have covered this in a previous post & am very passionate about it. My children will tell you that my response to most of their complaints is, "Have you been drinking enough water?".
3. Coffee. There is a lot of conflicting information on this one, but I would say that if you drink too much coffee you are damaging your body! The guidelines I've come across is 3 cups a day but I stick to one just to be safe.
4. Sugar. White refined white sugar is positively evil in my opinion (also medically proven of course). If you choose to apply only one of the points I have mentioned here then start with eliminating sugar. One thing to mention here though is not to replace sugar with artificial sweeteners, they are even worse than sugar.
5. Fruit & Veg. Daniel 1 in the Bible has a great story that proves how effective it is to eat fruit & vegetables. Fresh fruit & veg boosts your immune system, give you great skin & hair, boosts your energy levels... just about all health benefits come from eating plenty of fruit & veg.
6. Exercises. Exercise releases endorphins (your happy hormones). Most of us spend 90% of our lives indoors, inhaling stale or filtered air & other people's germs so exercising outdoors is even better.
7. Fun. What a great way to stay healthy! Fun releases endorphins & laughter is as medicine. (Proverbs 17:22) Take time to laugh, hang out with friends, and do whatever you find fun. When you are happy, you're far less likely to get sick.
The photo above is of my lovely, lively daughters! xxx