- Proverbs 31:17
Being a King's daughter is not sitting around all day wearing a tiara, looking pretty and doing nothing. Quite the opposite - we should be working hard and playing hard, living life to the MAX! Life is full and busy and we have a great deal that needs to be done each day. We need to take care of our bodies if we are going to live the life we are created for. A healthy body means we can get a lot done each day and sleep well at night. An unhealthy body means we will be limited physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
I am very passionate about healthy living and would like to recommend The Maker's Diet book to you! This is a fascinating book based on biblical precepts and scientific resources. After reading this book I radically changed my eating habits, my exercising, my cleaning products, my toothpaste... ha ha!
Often the thought of getting healthy is so overwhelming that many people don't know where to start! So I thought I would offer a simple starting point - 8 a day! Start simply by drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Water is required for practically every bodily function. The effects of not getting enough water are quite frightening. Here are just a few facts to help you get motivated to drink your 8 a day:
- Water prevents constipation and any toxins from accumulating to dangerous levels in your body.
- Lack of water makes you smell bad (not nice).
- Water keeps the skin looking younger, healthy and glowing.
- Water aids in the elimination of fats. Without water, fat deposits in the body will increase.
- A mere 2% drop in our body's water supply can cause fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic maths and difficulty focusing on smaller print (fascinating).
Of course I could write an entire book on the effects that water has on our body but you can Google it yourself if you like. So if you are not already drinking loads of water may I challenge you to get started?