Skip to main content

Date Night Game - Love Snap

Love Snap

Eric and I started having a weekly date night very early on in our marriage when we discovered that we worked all the time and had stopped having fun together. We love working together and if we didn't intentionally prioritise romance, we could easily slip into being business partners and good friends... which is dangerous for any marriage - romance is important! 

So to keep the romantic spark alive and ensure that we keep dating and enjoying each other, we set aside Wednesday evenings for date night.

16 years of marriage flew by, date night remained fixed in place on Wednesday evenings throughout these years but it had slowly drifted into a default steak and movie night. So I came up with a bright idea, rather than being stuck in a rut let's spice things up a bit! Let's take turns to plan date night each week. So we set up a routine where we would alternate who prepares date night each week and part of the night has to include some sort of activity that will enrich our marriage.

This was the best idea ever and we have never looked back! Date night is now the highlight of my week again, it's always fun and it's so lovely to see what we come up with each week.

Eric and I have both been caught searching the internet for date night ideas and have found there to be very little out there, so we decided that it would be a good idea for us to share our ideas! So it's with great pleasure that we introduce our Date Night series right here on my King's Daughters blog. I can't wait to share some of the fun games we have come up with. Now, before we take all the credit, I must confess, Eric and I both pray like made for creative ideas, and I believe many of these are God-inspired or we would have run out of ideas long ago!

Last week's night date night almost flopped - badly! Despite praying throughout the day I had nothing! No great ideas, no inspiration and to be honest, not much love in my heart, it was just a meh day that carried over into a meh date night. It was my turn to prepare and other than a lovely dinner I was fresh out of inspiration. So I put on a nice fireplace scene on the TV since we don't have a log fireplace in our current home and my plan was just to hang out and chat. We seldom get a chance to just relax and chat so I thought it would be a good idea.

Bad idea!

It went horribly wrong, the conversation didn't flow and I ended up feeling like a complete failure. As I sat feeling sorry for myself I prayed and said,

"God please help me find my way back and somehow not completely flop this date night."

Crickets... God seemed silent!

Then I suddenly had this idea;

"Do you want to play cards?"

Not a very original idea but Eric said yes and at least we were connecting and we had a bit of fun with rummy until the big idea hit! Love Snap! Oh my goodness we had so much fun. I haven't laughed so much in ages or felt so loved. It was a definite winner so I will share the rules with you. Give it a go, I promise you, you will have so much fun!

LOVE SNAP

Buy a traditional pack of cards here.
Play according to the usual snap rules with a twist. 
Every time there is a heart 'snap' you shout out LOVE instead of SNAP and the winner has to tell the other person what they love about them.

Yes, it sounds super cheesy but it's oh so much fun. Give it a try and let me know what you think. 

Love

P.S. Don't miss a post, subscribe by email

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo