Skip to main content

Back to the Beginning

I'm not sure where to begin but I know that I need to start somewhere. 10 years ago on 13th April 2009 I penned my very first post on this blog. My audience was the women of our brand new baby church, D7 Church and the message was identity, knowing who we are as daughters of the King. My only intention for writing was to encourage our women on their faith journey and in their everyday ordinary life. Little did I know what the years ahead would hold and how much of a rollercoaster ride life was to become. I have written here through most of it, there have been some quiet spots with an attempt at a post in the dark seasons.

Today I come back full circle as I explore my own writings, try to make sense of the journey I have been on with the hope that I will find a way forward. Most of all, with all my heart I believe that there is a purpose to the past ten years and it wasn't all for nothing!

My audience from today is me.  If you happen to be reading this, then you too and I hope that you find encouragement from my reflections or perhaps only a little entertainment! My message remains the same, identity. For me, identity remains the most important message of all time. Who am I? What is my purpose? What should I be doing with my life? To answer these questions I need to know the One who made me. All becomes clearer as I spend time with the One who made me. It is in this precious time that I feel peace and my purpose once again becomes clearer.

This year, as I spent time with God, I felt clearly that the name of 2019 is Less is More and thus far this has been my guiding phrase, when in doubt I simply ask, does this fit in with Less is More. It has helped me shape my business and more importantly helped me to get back to the simple things in life which I enjoy, one of them being writing here in my blog, a simple pleasure that I have neglected for far too long.

So what does back to the beginning mean to me? Well, I am going to start by getting back to the place where I felt closest to God and where life made the most sense and that means starting to read my own writing from my very first post and retracing my footsteps through the past 10 years to try and make some sense of it all. There has been so much good but equally so much hurt and pain. I have become a completely different person because of it so almost need to start exploring my identity once again. Not because my core identity has changed but because there is a whole new layer of understanding. God has stripped away, humbled and exposed parts of me, some good and some not so good. He has been hard at work moulding me, chipping away the bad bits and polishing up the good bits. I truly am a new creation, evidence of what a good God can do with a bad girl. He started His incredible work in me way back on 1st March 1991, 28 years ago when I was a very lost and broken pregnant seventeen year old! Wow, what a journey I've been on. I don't feel the need to go that far back, if you would like to hear about those days read some of my books as I reveal all in Hope's Journey, Secure on the Rock and Passion & Purity. I will pick up with His more recent work from the past 10 years and see where this takes me.

I have no idea where this will take me but if you would like to join me on this journey, share your stories, ask questions and pray for each other, please feel free to do so by leaving comments in the box below. So here we go, back to the beginning...

Love

P.S. Don't miss a post, subscribe by email

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t