Skip to main content

Being a Wife - Who Does Not Complain

It hit me like a ton of bricks! He was right after all, I did complain a lot. My heart was sore because this was the exact opposite of the kind of wife that I wanted to be. How did I get there, when did it start, why did I let my guard down and allow it to start in the first place. Well I had no idea where it had begun but I knew that it had to stop! There was no way I was going to tolerate me being a complaining wife and I most definitely was not going to be a nagging wife. So I took firm and decisive action. Strangely enough, I had read a verse about that precise thing just that morning, perhaps God tried to tell me but I couldn’t hear Him and so He had to speak through Eric, which was much more painful to hear.

Philippians 2:14
Do all things without complaining and disputing,

This is the verse I had read in the morning and then Eric said that I complained too much in the afternoon, after a full day of me complaining. Needless to say I was ashamed of the wife I had become. Sadly, many wives end up this way and drive their husbands insane, leaving them to feel totally inadequate and completely drained of any sort of energy to bother to try any more. 

One thing I loved about Eric was how hard he tried to be a good man, a good husband, a good father and a good leader. When I realised that I was complaining I instantly became fearful of disabling him and losing the love of the great man that I truly did admire. I have seen disabled men. They are a very sad sight, their wives have literally ‘pestered them daily with their words and pressed them, so that their soul was vexed to death’, just like Delilah did to Samuel in Judges 16. These men lose their strength and their will to carry on, they give up on being the man that God has called to be and live simply to survive each day of nagging and complaining. The Bible speaks clearly about this sort of woman and I can assure you that it’s not attractive at all.

Proverbs 21:9
Better to dwell in a corner of a housetop, than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

Proverbs 21:19
Better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and angry woman.

Proverbs 27:15
A continual dripping on a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike;

A woman that complains about her husband is robbing him of his potential. For example, if you are constantly complaining, saying to him,

“You are lazy!” 

In time he will begin to believe it and will be lazy. But, if your husband is lazy, rather than telling him he is lazy, inspire him with positive suggestions. For example,

“Darling, I am so grateful when you work hard for us and make our home nice by fixing things.”

I guarantee you that he will attempt to fix something around the house with a smile on his face shortly after hearing those positive words. Men are literally disabled by our complaints; they make him feel that he is not good enough as a man. When he hears the same complain over a long period of time he eventually gives up even trying because he truly believe that he is who you say he is.

Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

You can make or break your husband with your words and you can damage his future and his hope with your words too. We all do it, we all complain at times, but we can all do something about it. Choose to be a wife who does not complain but uses her words to build her husband according to his needs, that it may benefit him. Determine to be a woman who does all things without complaining and disputing.

Find out more about Being a Wife here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo