-->

1.5.10

Depression Solution - Make Lists

Yippee let's make a list - um... I guess not very exciting really! It's not the list making that is exciting it is what the list can do for you when you feel down. I have two lists; things that fill me and things that drain me. Every time I have found something that either fills me or drains me I write it on my list. This way when I am feeling drained and can remind myself of what fills me and force myself to do it. The list that drains me is a great tool too as it reminds me of what not to do too much of. Lists have really helped me over the years. I even have a list of who I am and who I am not. This has helped me so much too. On one occasion I was in an interview for a job I thought I would really like. I thought this job was a project manager role but half way through the interview I realised it was a personal assistant role. As soon as I realised this I said to the interviewer; "I am sorry, I don't want to waste your time, this job is not for me!" It was such a liberating experience; I have never turned down a job in an interview before. The reason I was able to do that is because on my list one of the things it said was - I am NOT a PA! I have done enough years of being a PA and moved into management roles to know that I really don't want to go back to being a PA.

On my list of things that fill me is playing my piano, longs walks, etc. What fills you and drains you?

No comments:

Post a Comment