Skip to main content

Incorruptible Beauty

Do not let your adornment be merely outward, arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel, rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
- 1 Peter 3:3-4

These beautiful women in the photo are my mother, Rosalind, and grandmother, Letty! I want to honour them today as woman who have lived a big part of their life already and can teach younger women about what really matters!

Incorruptible speaks of integrity and not being subject to physical decay! Now I don't know about you but not being subject to physical decay sounds really good to me, do you think God was trying to tell us something here? That if we spend more time tending to the hidden person of the heart we are actually also taking care of our external beauty and how we age? Perhaps we were being given a beauty tip that goes far beyond "arranging the hair or putting on fine apparel". It seems to me that we can actually prevent our bodies from looking old by working from the inside out.

Not only does the Bible tell us that we can have incorruptible beauty but it also tells us how... with a quiet and gentle spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. I must say, many times I have walked past women in the street shouting at their little child and I have thought how ugly that is and asked God to please help me remember what I noticed about that situation, so that I am more careful in the way I respond to my children. It is one thing to discipline a child and another thing to make yourself look ugly while shouting at your child, if you know what I mean... Believe me I have looked very ugly in my 17 years of being a mommy, and I don't like to think about those times when I have totally blown it and got it wrong. In my heart I really want to be a good mommy and I really want to have the incorruptible beauty that pleases my God. I do get it wrong and when I do I usually end up in tears because I know how ugly I must look to God and hate displeasing Him. Then on top of that I realise that my husband finds me unattractive in those moments and my children lose respect for me too. Oh my goodness what pressure. I try remind myself that the incident is not who I am it was just a bad moment (sometimes a really bad moment) then I lift up my chin and decide to give the gentle and quiet spirit thing another go.

Let us determine to age well by having the incorruptible beauty of a quiet and gentle spirit that pleases our Father in Heaven. Just one little tip, before you frustrate yourself trying... you probably won't be able to get it right in your own strength, ask the Holy Spirit to help you!

Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo